The GSSI staff have created a library of materials to be used in undergraduate courses teaching sports nutrition and hydration topics, all of which have undergone scientific review. All materials can be downloaded except the virtual labs, which your students will access in our learning management platform. Instructions are provided on how to assign the labs using a link or QR code. Check back often – we currently have enough content to fill a semester-long course, but will continue to expand the library. Contact GlobalGSSIEducation@pepsico.com with any questions.
- Lecture Decks - Lecture decks on 30 topics related to sports nutrition and hydration. For the greatest flexibility, the files are provided in PowerPoint format. Although we used a common font, please check formatting upon download to your computer.
- Recorded Lectures - Use GSSI staff as guest lecturers! Select lecture decks have been recorded by staff members.
- Learning Activities - Practical application activities that complement the lecture content.
- Podcasts - Listen in with members of GSSI staff as they discuss topics related to hydration with experts from around the globe.
- Animated Videos - Brief (~90s) animated videos to help explain concepts to your students on the topics of hydration, carbohydrate and protein.
- Instructor Resources - Resources to support instructors, including a sample learning plan to use all GSSIU resources for a semester and virtual lab previews.
- Virtual Labs - Virtual labs were developed to teach exercise science laboratory techniques important for the study of sports nutrition in the context of a nutrition-related research question or practical application.